Danny's Birthday



A few weeks back was Danny's birthday! It was a fabulous Thursday, and I planned around it for months. I got Danny 25 gifts for each year he has been alive!! I am so grateful that 1. he is alive and 2. he is mine. One of the gifts (and probably his favorite) is an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. 

  Danny's cute, albeit fake, reaction to seeing his setup of gifts. Thanks for acting surprised bb, love u. But seriously, he was actually way surprised at some of the gifts, both big and small. I've never had a husband to celebrate birthdays with, so this first one was special. It also fell around our 5 month anniversary, so I decided it would be nice to take a little trippity trip up to Park City for the weekend. We headed up on Friday after school/work, and had a good ol time.


I am too poor to buy 25 cool gifts, so some of them had to be DIY. This is a great example of one of those. I built this little cube version of Danny, and to my great surprise, it turned out prettaaaaaay cute. It even kind of looks like him, with his swoopy hair and favorite teal shirt and qt glasses.


 Ohhhhhh! The entire 25 all in one place. And Danny with his mini-me AND last but not least, his new Dr. Martens. Check him out. I just wanted him to be ready for the fall (photoshoots with me) and winter (also photoshoots with me).

 We are so fortunate to have amazing parents to help us with everything. For Danny's birthday this year, they all pitched in money and bought him a replacement guitar for one that got stolen right before Danny and I started dating. That guitar was really special to him, so I thought it would be nice for him to have a new one for a new chapter in his life. Thanks parents!



Oh and last but not least, I created a husband coupon book, complete with passes for chores, sexy stuff, fights, etc. This little gem now hangs on our fridge, and Danny cherishes it like rubies. To my sweet Daniel, thank you for being you. Thanks for making me laugh every day and doing stupid dances and going to the grocery store and watching hours of television and dressing up and singing and making dinner and traveling. Thanks for being my best friend. I love you so much, and I'm so excited to spent eternity celebrating your existence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment